Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Best Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin

Two years ago while traveling in Hawaii I wandered into a shop that had the word nature  in it. That, and the fact that the advertising was mostly green and the store was well lit are the only reasons went in there. But what I found was truly a treasure.

I have struggled with my skin for most of my life. From eczema patches in the winter, to troublesome teenage skin, to digestive led breakouts. Through all of these struggles I have discovered that the most important thing you can do for your irritated skin is moisturize.When I wandered into that store I had no intentions of buying anything, I was just killing time before my late night flight back to Chicago- but what I found has truly been a life saver and I am excited to share it with you. 

As I browsed the beautiful natural looking products in simple, earthy packaging, I spotted a huge table of round green tubs. On the top of the tub it read, "Aloe Vera 92%". "hmm," I thought, "What's this stuff all about?" I asked a sales associate, and after a few minutes I said, ok, do you think I am going to fall in love with this stuff and need more than 1 tub?" (it came in single packs or a discounted package of 3) Of course I was told, yes and i like to think that it was genuine belief in the product. The store I was in was called Nature republic, and The moisturizer was their Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera Soothing Gel. After leaving happily with 3 jars of moisturizer, 2 tubes of face wash, and 1 face mask, I was really hoping something would stick. I have tried so many other moisturizers and nothing has been as gentle or soothing as this. 

This moisturizer is so gentle, so easy to absorb, oil free. I can't say enough good things about it. There is no harsh smell, it doesn't leave my face feeling wet, dry, oily, it just feels like healthy moisturized skin. It soaks in fast and such a small amount goes a very long way. I use mine every night, now usually with my essential oil routine, but still on it's own. 
I am currently about to open just my 4th tub of moisturizer, and like I said, it has been nearly 2 years. This stuff will last you a very long time and it's affordable, natural, and gentle. I buy my refills on Amazon for less than $8/jar. 
I use this stuff at least once/day on my face and neck but I have also used it in my hair while it's still damp, I have used it when trying to tame my dry hair. It can really be used on any dry skin or hair. It's really worth every penny. I have also applied it several times/day while healing and soothing sunburn. 

I am a true believer in this product and I would recommend it to anyone with dry, oily, sensitive or problematic skin. 


Thanks for reading, 

Rachael






No comments:

Post a Comment