Sunday, May 15, 2016

Hair Growing, Shine Boosting, Hydrating Hair Mask

Recently I decided to try a hair mask recipe of my own creation. I have tried just a few others before and have seen several recipes and different hair benefiting ingredients. So while I drew water for a bath I threw together this little mix!

After just one use I couldn't believe how healthy, soft and shiny my hair looked and felt. Honestly, it's never looked better. Typically right after I wash my hair it feels very dry and brittle and gets quite frizzy (my hair is right in the middle between curly and straight and I'm not talking a typical nice wave) until the natural oils replenish themselves.  I will definitely be using this recipe again!

What I used:

Egg: Now, it probably seems kind of gross to be putting raw eggs in your hair, but I assure you, it's not that bad. Raw eggs are packed with proteins and nutrients that have been used in hair growth studies and leave a nice shine and feel to hair while nourishing and repairing the hair and scalp.

Olive Oil: I was originally going to go for coconut oil but somehow I am O U T out. So, I used a splash of Olive oil which is also great for nourishing and replenishing hair, especially dry hair. I think the Olive oil turned out to be a happy accident because it worked great!

Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV, surprisingly to many, can be very helpful in balancing pH levels. It can also aid in treating dandruff and dry itchy scalps. And it is another great ingredient for promoting hair growth as it stimulates the scalp and hair follicles. The list of benefits for ACV in your hair(and many other things!) goes on and on.

Rosemary Essential Oil: This is the ingredient I was most excited to try. I honestly love the way it made my hair smell, it gave a nice earthy and almost minty scent after it was all washed out. It stimulates hair growth by increasing circulation to the scalp, It is a great hair cleanser due to its antibacterial properties, it relieves dandruff and itchy scalp and improves shine. If you are new to essential oils or have very sensitive skin I might suggest starting with fewer drops and always use pure therapeutic grade essential oils from a reputable source and follow safety guidelines.



Recipe
1 Raw egg
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
3-5 drops of Rosemary essential oil

Application
I combined all of my ingredients together in a glass bowl and whisked it with a fork until it was all blended nicely. Then for the tricky and slightly messy part. I flipped my hair over into the sink to catch the drips and I basically did a combination of dipping my hands in the bowl, pouring it carefully onto my head to massage into my scalp and then I gathered my hair and dipped it right into the bowl trying my best to evenly distributed the mixture. I then grabbed a hair tie and twisted my hair all into a bun and placed it on the top of my head. I let it sit for about 45 minutes (I would recommend 30 minutes to 1 hour). While you let it sit you may want to put on a shower cap to try keeping it all together and keeping the heat in. I sat in the bath and read a book so that the mess was easier to clean up and I could wash it easily with little mess afterwards.
Important note: BE SURE TO WASH IT ALL OUT!! After about 30 to 60 minutes proceed with your normal hair washing routine. Make sure to rinse really really well. You might even want to rinse an extra time or two or even shampoo twice to ensure that you don't leave any scrambled egg behind. Been there done that, not fun. Just rinse really really well and you should be ok! :) I then let it air dry and I noticed improvements texture and appearance immediately.

So that's it! I hope you give this recipe a try let me know in the comments how it worked for you. I would love to hear some feedback as well as your favorite ingredients and other combinations.


Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment