Saturday, May 28, 2016

Natural Laundry Day: Wool Dryer Balls

Recently I have discovered the magical powers of wool dryer balls. These easy to use little things are perfect for reducing static and leaving you with fresh, clean and soft clothes. But the best part about them is they have no chemicals whatsoever. Conventional dryer sheets are soaked with chemicals, perfumes, synthetics and other toxins that enter your body through the air and your skin. Many  people even have allergic reactions to them and some don't even know that it's the reason their skin is so itchy!
After discovering how toxic dryer sheets actually are I decided to just go without, but it wasn't long before I was annoyed with the lint, hair and static that were wreaking havoc after I removed my clean laundry from the dryer. After just 1 use of these dryer balls I was 100% sold and wanted to buy a set for every person I know.

How to use them:
It's easy, simply toss the dryer balls into the dryer with your damp clothes and run as usual. I usually spread mine out to ensure even distribution throughout the cycle.

What do they smell like?
Nothing. They don't leave any scent at all to your clothes which for some people is a good thing.
However, if you prefer to have a scent added in, just a few drops of your favorite essential oils onto the outside of the dryer balls a few minutes before tossing them in should do the trick! Lavender works great for sheets, blankets and pillow cases and even for kids pajamas to help them relax at night. Lemon is also a great addition for keeping things fresh and smelling clean. Ultimately you could use any scent you enjoy to create your own unique clean laundry smell.

Where can I get them? 
I got mine from Mighty Nest. (Which I love and HIGHLY recommend!)
Another great thing about Mighty Nest is that you can sign up for a monthly surprise where they send you a fun, useful, natural product that will upgrade you to a healthier home. It is 100% worth it at just $11/ month. (Side note: I looked for a subscription box for a long time and did a lot of research and this is the only one I have stuck with so far and found to be worth every penny. I LOVE receiving my MightyFix every month!)


I don't think I can express how excited I was about receiving these and how excited I get every time I get to use them. This is by far one of my favorite natural products I have ever tried, but stay tuned as I will be posting about more soon!

Until next time,
Rachael













No comments:

Post a Comment