Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Green Smoothie Popsicle's

Today's post is going to be a quick one! Everyone loves a frozen treat now and then, especially in the summer time. However, ice cream and popsicles from the store are typically filled with tons of sugar and artificial colors and flavoring. This afternoon I made some colorful, flavorful, healthy and natural Popsicle's from a simple green smoothie I threw together. So, here's what I ended up with:





First, I finally got out my new popsicle mold and washed it up! Today was the first time I got out my blender since we moved and I decided to make a green smoothie, and I made it just for making popsicles.

For my green smoothie I used up the ripe (or slightly over-ripe) fruit we had in the house. I used 3 peaches, 2 1/2 oranges, and a big handful of kale. I added just a splash of cold water to make it a little easier to blend. I added them all to the pitcher and blended it all up until smooth, then poured it neatly into each of the 6 popsicle slots in the mold.

Green Smoothie Popsicles 
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes plus freezing time (maybe an hour)
Ingredients
3 peaches quartered, pit removed
2 and 1/2 oranges, peeled
1 large handful of kale rinsed and roughly chopped (maybe 1 1/2 cups)
2-3 Tbs water or Orange juice (I used a splash of both)

Directions
Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth, pour into Popsicle mold and freeze until solid.

So there we have it, super easy! My boyfriend liked it, too, and I figured he would be sick of kale by now. This is a really simple healthy recipe that is good for any time of day. It's also great when it's not frozen, just as a green smoothie. There are just so many nutrients and health benefits packed into these babies, how could you not want to make a quick batch? Now get blending!

I would love to hear about some of your favorite smoothie recipes, leave in the comments below!

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment