Monday, June 27, 2016

All Natural Salad Dressing Recipe: gluten, soy, dairy and nut free

Conventional salad dressings you find in the stores often contain excess sugar, sodium, preservatives, and fillers. Not only that, but who wants calcium disodium on their salad anyways? Yuck! The easiest way to avoid all of those problems is to make your own. It's actually really easy and it is fun to get creative and easy to make alterations to flavor or diet specifications.
One of my favorite recipes is an alteration of one I have been making for years now. The biggest difference to this variation is Turmeric. I have a post about more ways to add turmeric to your diet coming soon! Turmeric is a yellowish orange spice that is most commonly found in powder form and it comes from a root. As always when using turmeric, be careful, as it can stain your clothes (and counters). 
The addition to turmeric in this recipe adds a very subtle spice, but not in a heat kind of way. I mostly add it for nutritional benefits. Everyone I have ever made this for has raved about it and requested it again and again. So, here it is, my famous salad dressing recipe, with turmeric!

Recipe: Serves ~4
1/3 c Olive Oil
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (organic preffered) 
Dash of Red Pepper Flakes- to taste I probably use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp (depending on how spicy my guests like it.)
Freshly ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste

Directions
Mix all ingredients into a small mixing bowl. I usually use my 1 cup glass measuring cup. Start with the olive oil and all all other ingredients. Whisk together, I usually use a fork. If you have the time, make this dressing before you coom dinner to let the flavors infuse togethe . Is good as soon as it's mixed but this adds a whole new dimension to it so even a few minutes will do it well.


So there you have it! Do you make your own salad dressings? And What are your favorite salad toppings?

As always, thanks for reading.

Until next time,

Rachael






No comments:

Post a Comment